PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Upgrades broke Nero 3.5 - Whom complain?

jreinis
July 1st, 2008, 08:06 AM
Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit.
Upgrades , unkown which one, broke Nero trial edition 3.5 Linux.

How I saw, it;s simple , in the beginning all worked perfectly.
Now in the time burning DVD-+RW while the apllication is blanking/erasing disk and should beginning recording, Nero is freezing and diying.

I am interesting whom I need complain (Ubuntu team, Nero team)?

lisati
July 1st, 2008, 08:10 AM
One solution might be to re-install Nero.

jreinis
July 2nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
One solution might be to re-install Nero.

The problem is if I run under root permission it does work.
lg_map shows disk and cdrom groups.
If I run under my group it does not work.
I added disk and cdrom groups under my user name.
What is else?
Reinstallation as and other "microsoft windows" habits I do not accept.
More simple just change a distribution that brokes Linux simplicity.

By the way where to send direct email about these problems to ubuntu team?

jsmnuk
June 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit.
Upgrades , unkown which one, broke Nero trial edition 3.5 Linux.

How I saw, it;s simple , in the beginning all worked perfectly.
Now in the time burning DVD-+RW while the apllication is blanking/erasing disk and should beginning recording, Nero is freezing and diying.

I am interesting whom I need complain (Ubuntu team, Nero team)?

I've got one or two Nero e-mails to Nero Tech Support pending. NL will not recode .wav files. I realize that, with a number like 3.5..., the Nero Linux is a bare-bones CD/DVD authoring program, but someone has to fix that problem. It's a slam dunk in Nero 9 for Windows. Why offer the recode function if it doesn't work in Ubuntu?

I have a trial version of Nero Linux, chiefly because it offers Blu-Ray authoring. I suppose I could wait until K3B goes Blu-Ray, but Nero is not getting my money until I know that its Blu-Ray features work.

jsmnuk
June 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I've got one or two Nero e-mails to Nero Tech Support pending. NL will not recode .wav files. I realize that, with a number like 3.5..., the Nero Linux is a bare-bones CD/DVD authoring program, but someone has to fix that problem. It's a slam dunk in Nero 9 for Windows. Why offer the recode function if it doesn't work in Ubuntu?

I have a trial version of Nero Linux, chiefly because it offers Blu-Ray authoring. I suppose I could wait until K3B goes Blu-Ray, but Nero is not getting my money until I know that its Blu-Ray features work.

I meant "recoding" is a slam dunk in Windows Nero 9.

Mark Phelps
June 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
You can complain all you want, but it wont' do any good. The Linux version is not mean to be a Linux equivalent of the Nero suite. It's primarily a media-burning barebones version of Nero. And, version 3.5.2.3 is the most current version.