PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Assistive Technologies won't work, though "at-spi" is installed

Cherry Cotton
July 1st, 2008, 05:34 AM
I've had this problem for a while, but I want to take care of it now. Anyway, I've been wanting to use Mousetweaks for some of its click functions for a while, now, but GNOME's Assistive Technology features fail to activate.

I have "Enable assistive technologies" checked in "Preferences > Assistive Technologies." However, if I go to "Preferences > Mouse" and try to activate any of the mouse functions under the "Accessibility" tab, it tells me that Assistive Technologies is not enabled, though it is. Finally, whenever I log in (after typing my password and pressing enter, and after the screen blanks, but before anything new appears and before it even loads my settings), I get this message:

Assistive technology support has been requested for this session, but the accessibility registry was not found. Please ensure that the AT-SPI package is installed. Your session has been started without assistive technology support.

Trouble is, the "at-spi" package is installed... I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (I'm using 8.04 "Hardy Heron")

malcontent
September 2nd, 2008, 03:35 AM
I've had this problem for a while, but I want to take care of it now. Anyway, I've been wanting to use Mousetweaks for some of its click functions for a while, now, but GNOME's Assistive Technology features fail to activate.

I have "Enable assistive technologies" checked in "Preferences > Assistive Technologies." However, if I go to "Preferences > Mouse" and try to activate any of the mouse functions under the "Accessibility" tab, it tells me that Assistive Technologies is not enabled, though it is. Finally, whenever I log in (after typing my password and pressing enter, and after the screen blanks, but before anything new appears and before it even loads my settings), I get this message:

Trouble is, the "at-spi" package is installed... I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (I'm using 8.04 "Hardy Heron")

Bump. The same problem here. It's installed and it complains anyway.

No idea what is causing the actual problem because the error message doesn't specify.

mbro96
October 30th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Swoosh!

Yet another guy on the boat!

I'll try looking elsewhere, and if I find the solution so that others may find help here.

--Caleb

BobJam
June 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I have EXACTLY the same problem as the OP and I see this thread has remained unanswered for almost 3 years.

I have Googled for a solution like crazy and have seen that several people have had the same issue but I haven't found an answer.

Thoughts?