PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Serval Performance configuration question

grimlock838
June 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I have a question does anybody know if you can overclock system 76s
Serval Performance with the Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5 GHz 800 MHz FSB 6 MB L2 ( +$240.00 )? Does it allow it in the Bios?
Also has any one here got it with that processor or simailar, with 4 GB - 2 x 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ ( +$150.00), and nVidia 512 MB GeForce 8600M GT?
If so, has any one ran xp or vista in a virtual machine with Crysis or Call of Duty running or other high intensity programs running with it? Can this laptop keep up?
Thanks

V/r
Mike aka grimlock838
Counting down til I get a new laptop from System 76, 6 months to go!

PS does anyone know what system76's lineup will be in 6 months or website link with said info?

thomasaaron
June 30th, 2008, 07:45 PM
It doesn't allow overclocking in the bios.
And overclocking it in any other way will void the warranty.

Vista runs well in Virtualbox. It's quite a bit faster than Vista in vmware.

grimlock838
June 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
It doesn't allow overclocking in the bios.
And overclocking it in any other way will void the warranty.

Vista runs well in Virtualbox. It's quite a bit faster than Vista in vmware.

forgot about the voiding warranty part! But in anycase I use virtualbox and I know what ya mean. But Has anyone tried this: running Crysis in XP pro in virtualbox on this laptop with the aforementioned dimensions? Or maybe hell run other plus maybe other HIGH intensive applications. I guess I just want to know how flexible and powerful this lappy is! It is one thing to see everything on paper but real world is a different story.

Viranh
July 28th, 2008, 01:22 AM
I own the computer you're looking at buying, so if you point me to some demos and benchmarking software, I'd be willing to do a little testing for you. Unfortunately, I don't own alot of games. I intend to use this computer for 3d CAD. I did install S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in wine today and it runs well with the graphics set to "high," other than the lighting being set to static, but that's related to wine, not the graphics card. You are aware that virtual box won't emulate more than 2 gb of RAM and 128 Mb of dedicated memory for the video card, right? (At least on the free version)

thinman1189
July 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I just got that within the past 2 weeks. Only game I've tried so far is WoW in Wine and it runs great. As said above, I'll be more than happy to benchmark some demos.