PDA

View Full Version : Help with GTK in OpenBox!

openBrandon
June 30th, 2008, 09:08 AM
ok im not sure if this is the right place for me to post this but i need some help getting gtk to work in openbox. i searched and i couldnt find anything. any help is appreciated.

openbrandon

atomkarinca
June 30th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Open up a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install gtk-chtheme

after installation is finished, you can change your GTK theme using it:

gtk-chtheme

urukrama
June 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
There are several options. See this (http://urukrama.wordpress.com/openbox-guide/#Gtkthemes) for more info.

openBrandon
June 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
thank you guys so much for the quick responses, is there any way i can get it to use the gtk at login?

atomkarinca
June 30th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Openbox should have that line in autostart.sh. Just check the file /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh and look for the line "gnome-session-properties".

urukrama
June 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Openbox should have that line in autostart.sh. Just check the file /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh and look for the line "gnome-session-properties".

Or if you don't want to use gnome-settings-daemon (so as not to mess up your gnome settings), specify the theme details in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file, as mentioned in the above linked to Openbox guide. Applications like gtk-chtheme or LXappearance should do this automatically when you set a theme with them.

eriqjaffe
July 1st, 2008, 04:15 AM
FWIW, I think lxapperance is better than gtk-chtheme, since it has a preview and a couple of extra options.