PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Google Earth

AlexBellisBrown
June 30th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Just wondering if everyone has the same problem with Google Earth running under Linux, I use Ubuntu. When i start the application, everything seems fine, its just if i click anything, the satellite photos will always flicker off, and it goes absolutly loco if you have anything like firefox, or System monitor behind it. Also if you try and acess pictures its the same, almost impossible. You need to run it with everything else minimised, just to make it useable. I recently updated to the most recent version (using this http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/11/28/how-to-install-google-earth-in-ubuntu/ ) and the problem remains unsolved. Basically i just wish to know if this is only my problem, or weather its universal. Anyone else use Google Earth with problems?

possessedskier
June 30th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Google Earth runs perfect for me when I turn off Compiz. I turn Compiz back on after I'm finished with Google Earth. Do this from "System->Appearance->Visual Effects" or using the Compiz Fusion Icon, if you have it installed.

AlexBellisBrown
June 30th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Youre totally right, well done!!! :):) Any way of fixing it so you dont have to turn off compiz?