PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] NETGEAR WG111T ...slightly different twist

greengolem64
June 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hello all,

I've just installed Xubuntu 8.04 on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop...older model machine. It does not have Ethernet built in. Two PCMCIA slots and one USB slot. My only network connectivity for this machine is the WG111T...at this time.

I think I'm caught in the chicken/egg scenario. I'm trying to get the WG111T to be recognized...yep, read some of the other threads and know I need ndisgtk...but it's not on the Xubunto CD...and I keep getting the 'you need a live connection to the Internet to reload' when trying to find packages via SPM.

So...my question is how do I get the necessary stuff onto the machine in order to load that 'stuff' so I can get WG111T working so I can THEN connect to the internet to get 'more' stuff? :)

Any thoughts would be appreciated...and yes I guess the obvious answer is via the CD...but it was not included in the install package that I loaded...or I can't find it. :confused:

Thanks,

Marty

UniverseA7X
July 7th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Go to System>Administration>Software Sources, and uncheck any boxes that get updates from the online repositories.

Otherwise, you can always download the .debs from the internet on another computer and transfer the packages with a usb drive.