PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III confirmed

FFighter
June 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Yes! Blizzard just delivered the first trailer of the upcoming game. Amazing.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo3/news.html?sid=6193137&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

So, should we start petitions for a native Linux version like we did with SC2? :P

Anyways, Linux version or not, I will definitely be playing this game!

L815
June 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I was so excited when I saw this yesterday. I've been a Diablo & Diablo 2 addict for a long time, though I haven't played these recent months.

I'm hoping it will run on my laptop regardless of the intel965 gfx card T-T

Mazza558
June 29th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Didn't the original Diablo II team leave to create the Guild Wars games? If so, how will D3 match up to its predecessor?

k99goran
June 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Given the history of Blizzard games, I think unofficial support under Wine will be possible if no native Linux version is released. So, we will probably be playing it under Ubuntu regardless.

toupeiro
June 29th, 2008, 04:37 PM
It looks good, but... I dunno, I remember really liking Diablo 1, then when Diablo 2 came out I felt really sorta cheated because it felt like, and for all intensive purposes was, the same game. I think sequels should strive to get progressively better on all facets, and I personally didn't feel diablo 2 delivered, but I know it has a cult following, my intention is not to start a flame war. The video looked cool, and IMO it appears to have the level of improvements that a three-quel should have . While I'm skeptical, I'll probably be buying it and checking it out.