PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu no disk drive detected!??!

2598matt
June 29th, 2008, 09:36 AM
who uses the same password for everything

2598matt
June 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Any one?

Marshal0505
June 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Okay I got the normal .iso for the install of Ubuntu and it couldn't pick up the disk drives.. We'll I got on the forums asked what was wrong... Some one prescribed using the alternate version of the disk... I did so and when I got to the part where I need to install it... This HUGE list of drives pop up and it asks me to find my "Disk Drive" because it could not detect one... Any help???? Im running a Windows 98 upgraded to a ME... Its a 1999. Any help??? I cant get this thing to do crap!:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused:

I fixed this problem by changing options pertaining to hard drives in my mainboard's bios settings, For example when it was set to 'ide' i changed this to 'raid' and this solved it for me.But we don't have the same hardware so there might be something else going on with you.

2598matt
June 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I'm just going to reinstall windows and then put Ubuntu on there....

2598matt
July 1st, 2008, 01:44 AM
I fixed this problem by changing options pertaining to hard drives in my mainboard's bios settings, For example when it was set to 'ide' i changed this to 'raid' and this solved it for me.But we don't have the same hardware so there might be something else going on with you.

How do that?

2598matt
June 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
I didn't know that. I beat you to it.