PDA

View Full Version : Mobile App Under Ubuntu 8.04

mr_pro_2020
June 29th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Hi

i wanna make a mobile applicaton under linux in this project i want to do :

connect my mobile via wifi to mu labtop and give the computer complete access to mobile HOW??!!

via my lab top i can make calles using speakers and mic all that via my mobile

or i can give any one on any other palce to access my computer via internt and make calles using this application that will use my mobile conected to computer ... etc

can any one help me about that

what programming lang U Recommedn .. ithink it will be java

is this idea possible ??

but when i serach for awile i found some projects work with python and C

bye

dwhitney67
June 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM
There already exists an application of which you describe... it's called JoikuSpot (http://www.joiku.com/?action=products&mode=productDetails&product_id=310). Works with Nokia S60 3rd-edition phones. I have not used it, but I will when I travel overseas.

mr_pro_2020
June 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM
i think this near to what i want but i want to make it for SonyEricsson or iPhone

coombesy
June 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
i had a bash script to do exactly that with my samsung phone. unfortunatly my hard drive has since crashed and the script is no longer there.

if i remember correctly i had two command line programs
1) scanned for all bluetooth devices
2) ftp'd to a device

I'll have a look for the programs but i think they were something like 'obex-ftp'.

hope this helps.

coombesy
June 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
got it...
scan for a device and get the MAC addres
-$ hcitool scan
then use obexftp to connect
$ obexftp -b 00:12:47:00:00:01 -l

both these can work with IrDA and Bluetooth.

firfin
October 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM
There already exists an application of which you describe... it's called JoikuSpot (http://www.joiku.com/?action=products&mode=productDetails&product_id=310). Works with Nokia S60 3rd-edition phones. I have not used it, but I will when I travel overseas.

I have tried it. It allows you to set up your phone as an ad-hoc wifi access point. Unfortunately i cant connect to it. Cant even see it if i dont set the channel in joiku to six or eleven. Does anyone have any pointers.?