PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Exit Sound Bug Or Not Bug?

Spaceman9
June 29th, 2008, 01:32 AM
A few days ago I saw a post here about there being a bug in Ubuntu 8.04 that keeps the exit sound from playing during Restart and Shutdown. I have that problem too. The thread I saw had a link with a fix in it but I can't find the thread now.

The reason for this post is because I installed KDE 4:3.5.9-0ubuntu1 into Ubuntu 8.04 and with KDE installed the exit sound plays in KDE on Shutdown and Exit.

So, now I'm wondering is the problem in Ubuntu or is it in Gnome? Or is it the way Gnome is integrated into Ubuntu?

Also, may be it's just me, but KDE seems to run faster than Gnome, but Gnome is supposed to be lighter and faster than KDE. I don't know what's going on with that. I discovered I like KDE in Ubuntu much better then I like KDE in Kubuntu.

I installed KDE from Synaptic but I don't know if that would make any difference in how fast it runs or why it plays the exit sound when Gnome doesn't.

I have another question. In KDE every time I run a program a window pops up that says this:

Warning – KDE Panel
A program called “name of program” is slowing down the others on your machine. It may have a bug that is causing this or it may just be busy.
Stop or Keep Running

What would put up that Warning and does anyone know the name of it so I can uninstall it?

Thankx for any help.

Spaceman9
June 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Bump