PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kicker question

Giant Speck
June 29th, 2008, 01:23 AM
I've been doing a lot lately to customize my Kubuntu desktop, and I've come to an interesting problem.

In GNOME, the windows displayed in the taskbar look like buttons, similar to those from Windows. They're rounded, and are the same color as the panel.

In Kubuntu, however, the default look is nothing more than text that fades toward the right.

I've included screenshots. They are as follows:

1. An official screenshot from KDE.org. Of course, this is really a screenshot of SUSE and not Kubuntu, but I figure they're both KDE.

2. The screenshot from the GNOME article on Wikipedia. Note the rounded buttons on the taskbar. This is what I want for my Kubuntu: the rounded buttons.

3. A screenshot of my desktop with the default, or "Elegant" taskbar setting.

4. A screenshot of my desktop with the "Classic" taskbar setting chosen. This is the closest I can get to achieving the effects of the first two screenshot using the tools Kubuntu already give me. Notice that they really don't look like buttons. They're just colored rectangles. However, look at the log-out and shutdown buttons applet. They look like the buttons from my theme.

So, my question is, is there any way I can achieve the look of the first two screenshots without switching to GNOME? Is there any way I can make the buttons on my taksbar look like the buttons used by my widget theme?