PDA

View Full Version : Spam.com !!!

Mr. Picklesworth
June 29th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I just discovered Spam.com (http://spam.com/) (Spam being a registered trademark of Hormel Foods, LLC), and was dumbfounded! I forgot about real spam; was expecting something strange in line with khaaan.com.

Spam.com is amazing, though. It really feels like spam! I wonder if they are ignorant to how horribly annoying their web site is, or possibly being a bit cheeky here?
Funny site :)

Alas, it does not render happily with Flash in Ubuntu -- at least not in Firefox or Epiphany.

Toadmund
June 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I think you are spreading spam.

It is frowned upon here, unless you like spam.

I never tried spam, but I think I know its taste.
It would make a tasty sandwich.

PS, stop spamming us!

doorknob60
June 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Looks funny, but (thanks to Adobe), I can't look at it right now. I'll try to remember next time I'm in XP.

TBOL3
June 29th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Ya, that's spam. I like the stuff, but yuck, that website sucked.

dizee
June 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
wait, spam is a real product??

there i was thinking it was yet another geeky monty python reference.

edit- it appears the sketch was based on this. i thought it was just some made-up thing.

Lostincyberspace
June 29th, 2008, 03:04 AM
wait, spam is a real product??

there i was thinking it was yet another geeky monty python reference.

edit- it appears the sketch was based on this. i thought it was just some made-up thing.
Yeah it's really popular in the Polynesian islands. I knew some samoans and they turned me on to spam.

-grubby
June 29th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I've eaten spam before. It's a pretty good breakfast food

NullHead
June 29th, 2008, 03:18 AM
That is such a hideous website ... sound is totally improper for a website. A huge flash banner is also improper for a website too.

/me has never had spam before, yet my hotmail account is Obese with it :-?

Sef
June 29th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Yes, you are correct. The sketch was based on Hormel's spam.

TBOL3
June 29th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Please tell me this isn't the official webpage. If it is, I will have to take spam down a notch in the coolness scale.