PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Threads!

moollar
October 31st, 2005, 04:45 AM
I aint talking about any clothing here....

These forums are awesome. I've just got Breezy running after a short period using Hoary (been a long time DOS/Windows user with a bit if Mac OS thrown in there now and again) and must say that I LOVE Ubuntu and the support you guys offer! Got to tell you that the moderators do a good job and are very helpful (along with most other posters).

A word of advice to Ubuntu Noobs (like me). Try and search for your answer in the many threads on this site (use the search function at the top right of the screen) before posting. In most (nearly all?) cases you'll find your answer. I can say this with confidence because I've had problems solved this way and have only had to create an account to write this thread (and help if I can with my VERY limited knowledge - if that's possible).

Anyway, the main point is that this forum and the threads you'll find are awesome! (Is there another category I should be posting this in? I won't be offended if you let me know - you awesome moderators you... ;) )

teaker1s
October 31st, 2005, 05:08 AM
I've dumped xp and have been amazed at the help from all linux open source community.
My scanner now works after advice and with a bit of gentle encouragement I'm altering the program to increase the dpi and if it works I'll hand the files to the sane scanner project so others can benefit