PDA

View Full Version : Sigur Ros Fans?

bonzodog
June 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Are there any Sigur Ros fans around here?

I have more or less just discovered them, and am wondering what album to download.

Any suggestions?

rheywood
June 28th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I'd recommend ( ) to begin with, then either Įgętis byrjun or Takk...The new album seems pretty decent (Meš suš ķ eyrum viš spilum endalaust), too. I wouldn't particularly suggest Von, I'm yet to get into that myself.

jimmysheldon
June 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Takk was the one that got me into them. It's epic. You've got to listen to it start to finish. But i really am loving the album at the moment. I'd say you can't really go wrong with them though.

RiceMonster
June 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM
() is my favourite, I think.

Sigur Ros is such a good band; they're one of my favourites. That said, I haven't heard the new album, and I'm not optimistic about it because the song they released off it was god awful. What happened, Sigur Ros? :(

dizee
June 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM
get them all ;) they are immense.

() was their breakthrough album, and it is brilliant but also quite dark, and to be honest įgaetis byrjun is a much more accessible album.

takk is good too though quite different from the others, more piano oriented.

they are really an album band, there is not many weak tracks, and the songs all flow into each other.

btw when i say įgaetis byrjun is more accessible i mean it in the way people say metallica's black album is more accessible, it doesn't mean better just would have a broader appeal.

bonzodog
July 3rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
I now have Takk and Agatis Byrjun. These albums are great. I will look for ().

Ozor Mox
July 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Takk... is a beautiful album, I instantly fell in love with it. Anyone had a listen to the new one yet?

Hurrz88
July 4th, 2008, 12:30 AM
They are playing in Chicago in September, I will be attending this concert for sure. I have too just recently found them, they are amazing. Has anyone seen The Life Aquatic of Steve Zissou? The song when they are all in the submarine at the end is one of theirs. Beautiful.

zachtib
July 4th, 2008, 01:25 AM
I like Takk as well. I've also got Agaetis Byrjun and ()

mrgnash
July 4th, 2008, 03:47 AM
They're pretty neat, but they're not quite daring/experimental enough for me... I prefer bands that really switch it up between albums.

dizee
July 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
They're pretty neat, but they're not quite daring/experimental enough for me... I prefer bands that really switch it up between albums.
all their albums sound different to me.

bonzodog
September 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I got () yesterday and "Med sud б eyrum vid spilum endalaust". Yes, Sigur Ros are a great band, and its great to chill out to.