PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Trying to triple boot Gutsy, Hardy, Win98

Redptc
June 28th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I have the Ubuntu 8.04 desktop CD. I am currently running Windows98 and Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy as a dual boot.

I would like to 'clean' install Hardy but keep Gutsy as it is. They would reside on the same hard disk while Windows would stay on the first hard disk.

I guess I am trying to 'triple' boot...Gutsy 7.10; Hardy 8.04 and Win98.

If this is possible can someone tell me how to do it? Ram is adequate and there is space on the hard disk.

overdrank
June 28th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I have the Ubuntu 8.04 desktop CD. I am currently running Windows98 and Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy as a dual boot.

I would like to 'clean' install Hardy but keep Gutsy as it is. They would reside on the same hard disk while Windows would stay on the first hard disk.

I guess I am trying to 'triple' boot...Gutsy 7.10; Hardy 8.04 and Win98.

If this is possible can someone tell me how to do it? Ram is adequate and there is space on the hard disk.

Hi and it should be no issue. As long as you have the partitions. It will be the same as the install with Gutsy and will add windows to the boot also.

cdtech
June 28th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Just use gparted to make another partition for your other Linux distro and set it up in your menu.lst.

Redptc
June 28th, 2008, 08:01 AM
So, I just run the 'Install' from the CD and when I bump into the partition business there is a 'step by step' to partition space for the new Hardy operating system! easy-peasy??

Redptc
June 29th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I just followed the prompts on the install disk, let it readjust the partition and in the end it was straight forward!

I can boot from any of the 3 OS,,,,I still have a need for an accounting program that I can run only on windows. I want to keep Gutsy for the moment but my plan is to set Hardy without the 'blunders' made with Gutsy.

Thanks to those that replied!