PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] setting up a new home partition?

amh4501
June 28th, 2008, 12:20 AM
hello everyone, please forgive me if the answer to this is posted somewhere else and i just overlooked it, but after a few hours of searching i figured it better just to ask. Here goes, I've been using ubuntu feisty fawn for about a year i would guess and would like to upgrade to hardy heron but i was thinking of trying the xubuntu version as I'm told it's better for older machines so I've been reading about setting up a separate home partition so that you don't loose settings ect. what i would like to do is to take the partition that i currently have windows on and move my home folder to that (and just wipe windows out) and then install the xubuntu on to the other partition where i currently have fawn so if anyone could help me out with some noob friendly instructions or advice i would greatly appreciate it and if you need more info than i have provided just let me know thanks again. (oh by the way i didn't set up the original partition a friend did it for me when he installed fawn originally, so any help on the whole process or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated)

Pumalite
June 28th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Here is the link:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome