PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] problems accessing help menus and changing cursors, etc

okaybrett
June 27th, 2008, 10:08 PM
i'm a complete and utter newbie to linux and everything associated with it, considering that i converted to xubuntu amd64 only yesterday.

i'm experiencing some problems that i'm sure are easy to resolve, but i'm not sure where to start.

first of all, for the prepackaged gnome games, i can't access the help menu for any of them. for example, in aisleriot, whenever i press f1 a dialog box comes up displaying "count not show aisleriot help: there was an error launching the default action command associated with this location." in other games such as robot or nibbles, whenever i try to access the help menu nothing comes up at all. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the games that was ineffective.

secondly, my cursor will not change. i have logged in, logged out and restarted many times but my cursor stays default.

if anyone could help me with this, thanks.

edit: just found another problem.. none of my screensavers are working. i picked stonerview and chose to regard the computer as idle after 1 minute to test it out, but they never seem to have been applied. i waited for 10 minutes only to see a blank screen as my screensaver.

okaybrett
June 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
.. bump. :-/