PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] Can't disable Update Notifier in Autostarted Apps

kortsen
June 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I can't stop Update Notifier and Hardware Driver notifier from launching at startup. They are deselected in "Autostarted Apps" but that does nothing. Here is what I have in Autostarted Apps right now.

http://lars.kortsen.googlepages.com/Screenshot.png

[ ] Panel(panel) is there but deselected because my panels disappeared one day. I Googles one tip to put xfce4-panel in Autostarted Apps. I found another tip to launch the panels with [Alt][F2] xfce4-panel, then right-click on the panel and reset the panel placement. The second tip worked so I disabled (but didn't remove) "Panel" in the Autostarted Apps. I'm pointing this out because this seems to be when my other problem started.

[X] Mount Network Shares (Launch FuseSMB) does exactly what it says and behaves exactly as advertised. I added this myself and it has worked flawlessly since I first did it.

The next 2 items are the ones that don't behave. They had been behaving fine until the panel problem popped up. Now, as noted above, Update Notifier launches at start-up, and after updating nvidia-glx the driver notifier popped up on the following reboot.

[ ] Print Queue Applet is disabled because I don't have a printer.

[X] Power Manager works just fine on my Toshiba laptop.

x1a4
June 28th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Hi,

Try looking in ~/.config/autostart/ which contains launchers for user-defined autostart apps. If it's there delete it, if not (I'm not using it so I can't tell) then purge the Update Manager, remove its configuration files in your home directory. This should work. If you want to continue using the UM install it again.

kortsen
July 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Try looking in ~/.config/autostart/ which contains launchers for user-defined autostart apps. If it's there delete it,

I did that a week ago and haven't seen the notifier since. I just ran synaptic, and there are a bunch of updates availabe. It seems my problem is solved.