PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How to un-delete / restore from trash in Gnome 2.22 ???

lobner
June 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I have been searching the web but I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. Can anyone tell me how the in the world I manage to restore files lying in the trash bin?

I see no option when right clicking them or anything like that - where am I supposed to look??!

The directory structure looks as I supposed it should, with the ~/.local/share/Trash/{files, info}

The deleted files are in there, but also here, there is no option to undelete any of them? :confused:

oldstumpy
June 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
HI: oldstumpy here i would like to know that to

Agent ME
June 28th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I don't think that it remembers the directory you deleted it from - just either drag-and-drop the file out of the trash to where you want, to cut+paste.

tornado89
June 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah.. I Think That The Trash In Nautilus Doesn't Remember The
Deleted Files Original Directory... So Annoying..

Especially When U Delete Something By Mistake..

lobner
June 29th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Oh yes tornado89 and Agent ME, it does!
The new structure of Trash means that it no longer lies in ~/.Trash but now it is found in ~/.local/share/Trash/ and here the files-folder contains the files, and the info-folder contains the info regarding point of origin for the file.

I was told in another tread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5274616&postcount=8) that it will appear in Gnome 2.24, supposedly.