PDA

View Full Version : [other] I am having problems with my Netgear WG311 V3

all_eyez_on_m3
June 27th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Please if you have any and I mean ideas or recommendations as to help please post.

Anyway I have recently formatted my brothers computer (XP) and installed the Netgear WG311 V3. My problem is everything is installed properly and it says I have a very good connection. on top of that it says im able to go online and when I do it Firefox and IE Dont start up/load.

Please is their a setting I am missing here or can it be something else ?

For the record it was working fine before the format.

all_eyez_on_m3
June 28th, 2008, 02:28 AM
bump

all_eyez_on_m3
June 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Please any help would be great ? :(

all_eyez_on_m3
June 29th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Anyone ? :(

lisati
June 29th, 2008, 12:47 PM
IE? Are you running it in Wine? (There are compatibility issues)

Are you getting an error message when you start Firefox, or is it just plain not showing up on the screen?

all_eyez_on_m3
June 30th, 2008, 02:24 AM
IE? Are you running it in Wine? (There are compatibility issues)

Are you getting an error message when you start Firefox, or is it just plain not showing up on the screen?

When I try to open Fire Fox it gives me this message.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.google.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And when the internet says connected it doesn't make the beep sound like it should/does when it works fine.

all_eyez_on_m3
June 30th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Help needed please ? :confused::(

all_eyez_on_m3
June 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

overdrank
June 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Help needed please ? :confused::(

HI and are you using windows or Ubuntu? What version of Ubuntu are you using?

all_eyez_on_m3
June 30th, 2008, 01:44 PM
HI and are you using windows or Ubuntu? What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Windows xp

overdrank
June 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Windows xp

Ok I do not use windows but it appears you are trying to connect wireless. Is it a secure connection? Have you tried to connect by a wired connection? Sorry I could not be of more assistants. :(

all_eyez_on_m3
July 1st, 2008, 05:01 AM
Ok I do not use windows but it appears you are trying to connect wireless. Is it a secure connection? Have you tried to connect by a wired connection? Sorry I could not be of more assistants. :(

I am 100% sure its the most obvious thing that is not allowing me to connect but Yes I am using a wireless modem. Yes the connection is very secure see one of the problems is If I try to search for a new connection it doesn't show up but it says its connected to it.

I remember once I went on a site to change the pin so if anyone wanted to connect they needed to have the correct pin. I cant remember my pin but I know their is a site out their that can fix my problem maybe?

all_eyez_on_m3
July 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
Anyone please ?

prshah
July 1st, 2008, 12:19 PM
Anyone please ?

[SOLVED] How to activate WG311v3 (or any ndiswrapper or native) wireless (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=756260&highlight=netgear)

Take a look at the above thread for a solved, step-by-step guide to installing Netgear WG311v3. If you run into any problems, post back here.