PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please help. I cannot connect wirelessly.

mirchichamu
June 27th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I am new Ubuntu user. I installed it yesterday on my laptop. Everything is working fine except my PDA and wireless internet connection not working.

My network is detected by router but actually I cannot connect to internet. Please explain in simple words how to repair this problem. I am not very expert in computers. I have gone through some knowledge base in this forum but very complicated, I could not understand actually.

Thanks in anticipation,

superprash2003
June 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM
go to your terminal and type ping google.com and post output here

mirchichamu
June 27th, 2008, 08:44 PM
go to your terminal and type ping google.com and post output here

Thanks a lot for your support.
I could not understand "go to my terminal and type ping google.com"

Please explain. Thanks

superprash2003
June 28th, 2008, 02:07 AM
ok.. go to Applications->Accessories->Terminal .. now a terminal window should pop up.. now type ping google.com in your terminal.. you would get an output.. highlight that output ,right click and click on copy.. and paste it here in the forums

wak_wak
June 28th, 2008, 02:22 AM
When you're in that terminal, type in: lspci and also paste that output.

mirchichamu
June 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Thank so much for your support and help but now I am having another big problem. My UBUNTU is not starting at all. It is not going beyond the log on screen. Even that log on screen is only lines. I have posted my problem in desktop environment, If you or somebody else could help me that will be very good. I shall be much thankful.