PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Accessing Windows Shares in a Domain

BattleGnome
June 27th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I am wondering how I can access Windows Shares on the Domain. When logging into ubuntu I am not using a domain login, nor is the machine connected to the domain.

If I select Places > Network I can see the Windows Network, digging deeper I can see our domain, and under that I can see all our machines. If I double click on a machine which I know has Windows Shares nothing appears?

superprash2003
June 27th, 2008, 12:32 PM
go to the terminal and type sudo nautilus smb://x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the ip of the windows machine which you want to access files from

Kileli
July 11th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I am wondering how I can access Windows Shares on the Domain. When logging into ubuntu I am not using a domain login, nor is the machine connected to the domain.

If I select Places > Network I can see the Windows Network, digging deeper I can see our domain, and under that I can see all our machines. If I double click on a machine which I know has Windows Shares nothing appears?

This is the exact same issue i am having. i have 3 workgroups and one domain. When i access the computers on the workgroups i am able to see the shares just fine.

I have joined the domain successfully via likewise. how do i authenticate my session. i need to log into the domain with my windows credentials
is that even possible?

anon0
April 9th, 2009, 01:18 AM

I have the same problem now. If I do "sudo nautilus smb://x.x.x.x" I get an error message "nautilus cannot handle "smb" locations"

Any more ideas?