PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] I KNOW my panel is there, but won't show up!

BetterSense
June 27th, 2008, 04:02 AM
My wife somehow informed me that the main KDE panel is gone. It is. But it isn't! running

dcop kicker kicker restart

causes the panels to reload, and I can SEE my customized panel for about a half second as kicker restarts. Then it's gone again! I can duplicated this as many times as I want. So somehow the settings for my panel exist somewhere and the panel lives, but yet I can't see it. It disappears as soon as it's reloaded. BUT I can see it! So what in the world did she do?

BetterSense
June 27th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I was able to re-appear it by clicking on my TOP panel and going to the panel configuration dialog, and disabling 'auto-hide'. But I like autohide. I don't know why it was being weird. Any ideas?

WeEatVista
June 27th, 2008, 04:13 AM
This probably is no help to you whatsoever, and you probably know this, but when you select 'auto hide' under panel config your panel disappears until you move your mouse directly to where your panel is. In this case move your mouse to the bottom of the screen, which makes the panel pop back up again.

This is just a little thing, the problem is probably more in-depth, but make sure this doesn't work first:)

Hope this helps,

We Eat Vista

BetterSense
June 27th, 2008, 05:52 AM
yeah, I know, the trouble was the panel wasn't popping up for some reason. Now that I disabled and then re-enabled autohide, it's working again. Weird.