PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Debootstrap questions

absolutezero1287
June 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm trying to create a minimal build using debootstrap.
(Minimal CD and cli install from Alternative isn't an option, don't ask why)

I used debootstrap --arch i386 hardy and ran some problems installing X and other essentials. It kept saying that /dev/pts isn't mounted and upon further inspection neither is /proc. What am I missing?

absolutezero1287
June 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Bump? Please help.

absolutezero1287
June 28th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Solved my own problem.

It kept saying that /dev/pts isn't mounted and upon further inspection neither is /proc. What am I missing?
I'm working from within a chroot environment. The error messages are normal and can be ignored.

However, I've come across a new problem. http://pastebin.com/m220513d7

absolutezero1287
July 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Problem solved. I didn't bind mount /dev /proc and /sys.

absolutezero1287
July 3rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
My minimal install is almost done. I can boot into fluxbox. However, I don't know how to configure it for internet access. I'm using a wireless G usb adapter (WUSB54GC). The needed driver rt73usb.bin comes installed with the linux-generic metapackage. I just don't know how to get it working.

I have an exisisting full install on another partition that I used to create the minimal install. I was guessing that there are some configuration files that I could copy over to get it working but I wouldn't know where to begin. Also, I would like to configure Ubuntu to use my ethernet card. Please help.

wireless: WUSB54GC wireless G usb adapter
ethernet: 01:09.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T (rev 01)