PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Volume control applet does not behave like in other distros

PQR10
June 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM
As we all know, one of the best features of the xfce volume control panel applet is the ability to hover over it with the mouse cursor and adjust volume levels with the scroll wheel. I have used Fedora, Centos, and openSUSE and in each of these distros, the "active region" for the applet is the entire area of the applet. That is, when I put the applet on the bottom right of my screen, I can flick my cursor to the bottom right corner and adjust the sound volume with the wheel immediately. In Ubuntu however, there seems to be an invisible border around the applet, and the place I need to hover over is about 5 pixels away from the bottom right corner of the screen. This is annoying and seems to be pretty nonstandard compared to other distros' XFCE packages. Is there a reason for this difference, and is there any way of changing its behavior?

ScarySquirrel
December 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
This seems annoying, but I have not experienced this problem. This might be because I put my volume control in a panel on the top, right, or left, and never the bottom.