PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardy on HP DV6000

JohnnyTricksta
June 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi there,

I'm trying to install Hardy on my HP DV6000. I've been using the live cd, but whenever I try to install this or boot into live mode it stops at the splash screen (the one with the orange scrolling bar going left and right right after the grub menu). I've tried adding noapic irqpoll noirqdebug to the end of the boot parameters. I've tried adding it before and after the tailing "--" at the end of the default parameters. It still keeps getting stuck. Also, I've tried adding the "break=top" but it still keeps getting stuck at the splash screen. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jt

niyonk
June 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM
same happens to me
Have you tried pressing F4 and choosing safe graphics mode.

Thats the only option that worked for me :(

Midwest-Linux
June 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Also try the alternate install CD.

JohnnyTricksta
June 26th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I found out two new things:

1) When I ran Ubuntu's cd check it found one error. I burned it another time at 1x speed and it still said one file error. However, I downloaded it straight from Ubuntu's website, how could it have an error?

2) I just now noticed that after I choose the install option, but before the splash screen, it shows me this error: "PCI: bios bug #81[00000000] found"

Jt

niyonk
June 27th, 2008, 02:33 AM
try burning it at a speed a little bit lower than the fastest.
I think burning at very low speeds isn't recommended :)

Edit:totally wrong thread:confused:

JohnnyTricksta
June 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I downloaded Ubuntu from another mirror than I originally downloaded from. Works like a charm after I added noapic irqpoll noirqdebug to the boot parameters. I got it installed and everything :)