PDA

View Full Version : youngster ripping linux? its pretty cute

PatrickMoore
June 26th, 2008, 07:18 PM
this has got to be the most condescending 10 year old ever. basically he sits there and bashes linux. its kind of cute check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z88f0Ev6J-c&feature=related

Barrucadu
June 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Youtube: allowing ignorant people to make a fool of themselves online.

suicidejack
June 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
wow...

PatrickMoore
June 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Youtube: allowing ignorant people to make a fool of themselves online.
him seriously
the downfall of civilization ha. seriously though why is this kid making this video more importaintly who is taking

Eisenwinter
June 26th, 2008, 07:37 PM
:lolflag: That kid's a complete idiot, it's amazing how ignorant some people are.

He just bashes Linux there without actually knowing anything about it, noticed how many times he was stuck when speaking?

ElSlunko
June 26th, 2008, 07:43 PM
That was cute. Very uninformed, but cute. I'm trying to teach my nephew of the same age to use Ubuntu hopefully he doesn't have the same opinions as this kid :P

pmlxuser
June 26th, 2008, 07:58 PM
the most condescending 10 year old ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z88f0Ev6J-c&feature=related

Why does it feel like someone is behind this, he keeps looking to the other side i guess there stand/sit an adult who doesn't like Linux and tries to use the Kid to do his dirty speech.:(

billgoldberg
June 26th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I was laughing all the way through.

Especially that linux is "sort of merge between vista and apple".

chucky chuckaluck
June 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM
what's up with his accent? it sounds like he learned english from automated voice mail greetings.

Barrucadu
June 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I was wondering that too... But my favourite bit was "Linux is a new operating system [...] that started in 1991" It's older than he is, but "new"?

urukrama
June 26th, 2008, 08:19 PM
chucky, I think he comes from down under.

citizenchris099
June 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
i threw up in my mouth a little

imronak
June 26th, 2008, 09:18 PM
stupid.

I guess linux should only for people who know stuff. Let these ignorant people use the other available OSes.
The community should only concentrate on people who realise the importance of freedom. These people are slaves of backdoor enabled and enhanced OSes :lolflag:

Frak
June 26th, 2008, 09:28 PM
XD

I loved how he stopped to read the information as if he's never read it before.

I love this kid, he just made my day.

isaacj87
June 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM

I looked at this youtube profile, he's from the US. He's got a nice southern accent.

Frak
June 26th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I looked at this youtube profile, he's from the US. He's got a nice southern accent.
Sounds like a rotten Texan.

LaRoza
June 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a rotten Texan.

Hey! I am from Texas...

(League City)

cardinals_fan
June 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I paused my Schubert for that?!?!?!?!?!

Some men are born stupid, some men achieve stupidity, and other men have stupidity forced upon them.

wootah
June 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM
lol, segfault

cardinals_fan
June 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM
lol, segfault
I love my sig :)

Frak
June 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Hey! I am from Texas...

(League City)
ur EVIL ;)

LaRoza
June 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM
ur EVIL ;)

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0106.gif

Zenze
June 26th, 2008, 11:25 PM
The absolute best part: "Its just a copy of Apples operating system and Windows Vista mixed together."
Hilarious! :)

Honorable mention: "Apple came up with the dock menu and the top bar menu. Windows came up with the icons and the 3D flip. Then they took that and they put it on a thing called Linux."

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I found the comments section to be much funnier then the video. Grown ups(I'm sure)ripping this kid to shreds. I mean really??!!! He is like what, 10? I think people take there OS to seriously when they joyfully stump a mudhole in some kid because he got the facts wrong about their OS.

I'm just waiting for a Linux related drive by.....

%hMa@?b<C
June 27th, 2008, 12:06 AM
you can only run things like AOL or iTunes.
"junky software that is just a copy"

wtf?
seriously, don't bash things you know nothing about. This kid is a total noob.

ad_267
June 27th, 2008, 12:18 AM

No way! We don't talk like that at all.

loell
June 27th, 2008, 12:20 AM
leave the kid fight to the kids! :lolflag:

so who's got a younger brother with the same age as that kid?

perhaps one can do a funny rebuttal by another youngster? :-\"

richrock
June 27th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I'd like to see AOL on Linux (not really).

Man, I nearly cried several times on this vid. No clue - my theory: It's the parent's PC, he's got a vista machine upstairs, his friend has a mac. Which does he spend most time on??

Really funny. Gonna go watch again !!

cardinals_fan
June 27th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I found the comments section to be much funnier then the video. Grown ups(I'm sure)ripping this kid to shreds. I mean really??!!! He is like what, 10? I think people take there OS to seriously when they joyfully stump a mudhole in some kid because he got the facts wrong about their OS.

I'm just waiting for a Linux related drive by.....
I'm 14, and I've never been dumb enough to snivel and whine without even checking a few facts.

ad_267
June 27th, 2008, 12:45 AM
It's fine that he doesn't know anything about Linux. But to actually make a video that's supposedly meant to educate other people about it without getting a single fact right and just talking crap is a completely different thing.

paul101
June 27th, 2008, 12:46 AM
i now declare the renaming of youtube

this new name hopes to accurayely reprosent the goals and achevements of all people uploading "youtube" videos

the new name change is as follows

Youratube
enbarass yourself

from the 21st july 08 the new domain will be http://www.youreatube.com/ and the new motto will be "embarass yourself"

thank you for your time :)

Sinkingships7
June 27th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I paused my Schubert for that?!?!?!?!?!

Some men are born stupid, some men achieve stupidity, and other men have stupidity forced upon them.

And some men are actually 10 year old boys with cheap cameras and slow brain development.

Twitch6000
June 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
that was a good laugh

jrusso2
June 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
The absolute best part: "Its just a copy of Apples operating system and Windows Vista mixed together."
Hilarious! :)

Honorable mention: "Apple came up with the dock menu and the top bar menu. Windows came up with the icons and the 3D flip. Then they took that and they put it on a thing called Linux."

That's where I turned it off when he said Linux is a copy of Apples operating system.

I didn't think it was funny or interesting and I thought he sounded coached.

paul101
June 27th, 2008, 12:50 AM
you know he's left his msn add in his youtube profile ;) :guitar: :lolflag:

and under "Videos I'm Watching" is "how to kiss" and "How to Kiss your girlfriend" :lolflag:

loell
June 27th, 2008, 12:53 AM
you know he's left his msn add in his youtube profile ;) :guitar::lolflag:

so? ;)

say hi to him yourself.. :)

just don't act like.. you know..

hanzomon4
June 27th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Come on folks this is a child....

ice60
June 27th, 2008, 12:57 AM
i'm glad i saw that video, i was thinking about trying out linsux, but i think i'll give it a miss now and stick with suse and ubuntu.

lol i'm so funny.

Lord Xeb
June 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I am trying to get a hold of him so that I can talk him into trying a livecd of Ubuntu.

loell
June 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Come on folks this is a child....

sadly, this is a classic nature of the linux mob , anyone bashing linux will be shot upon, mercilessly.. :(

paul101
June 27th, 2008, 01:02 AM
sadly, this is a classic nature of the linux mob , anyone bashing linux will be shot upon, mercilessly.. :(

:lolflag: :guitar:

ice60
June 27th, 2008, 01:07 AM
did you see what he wrote on youtube?

Read above! Oh, by the way LINUX SUCKS!
i was going to say something nice to him on youtube, but i've changed my mind now, he may be 10 in real life, but behind a keyboard i have a mental age of 3 lol

Dr.Ninethousand
June 27th, 2008, 01:14 AM
lol he's Southern-Gay..

Sinkingships7
June 27th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Here you guys go. I made you a present :)

paul101
June 27th, 2008, 01:18 AM

god help us! :lolflag:

Frak
June 27th, 2008, 01:24 AM
XD
:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

paul101
June 27th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Sudo apt-get life

lisati
June 27th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Sudo apt-get life

sudo apt-get aptitude
:popcorn::lolflag:

loell
June 27th, 2008, 01:46 AM
lol he's Southern-Gay..

irrelevant, as the forum doesn't discriminate. [-X

Dr.Ninethousand
June 27th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I don't either but it's still funny to me..

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/KINGDO7AMYT3/BRUCE.gif

FFighter
June 27th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Someone do something! This is one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. Bizarre.

zmjjmz
June 27th, 2008, 03:47 AM
They've done a _lot_
Just check the comments!

Frak
June 27th, 2008, 04:19 AM
He's deleting posts at record speed now.

aktiwers
June 27th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Guys, leave the kid alone :lolflag:

FFighter
June 27th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Guys, leave the kid alone

No way, he is a major threat to GNU/Linux and FOSS, we should stop him!

Sinkingships7
June 27th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Aww, my nice comments are gone. He must not have liked them too much...

Frak
June 27th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Imma kid at heart... That includes the little terror too...

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

zmjjmz
June 27th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I actually offered up a rational comment telling some other people off about being agist.
Oh well.
Though, saying, "You fail Macfag, you fail. Fail." wasn't so rational

Frak
June 27th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I actually offered up a rational comment telling some other people off about being agist.
Oh well.
yeah...

I have the right to rationality, I just lack the ability...

FFighter
June 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM
There's another kid who is trying to teach what Linux is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOBXWY1jDQ.

This one, however, seems to be advocating Linux, instead of bashing. SEEMS, because I couldn't really understand most of what he said.

zmjjmz
June 27th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I couldn't understand it either, and his blog is down.
D:

Sinkingships7
June 27th, 2008, 05:14 AM
There's another kid who is trying to teach what Linux is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOBXWY1jDQ.

This one, however, seems to be advocating Linux, instead of bashing. SEEMS, because I couldn't really understand most of what he said.

I feel bad for him. I get that feeling that he might not have that great of a childhood...

Frak
June 27th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I feel bad for him. I get that feeling that he might not have that great of a childhood...
Yeah, that kids one true fighter.

starcannon
June 27th, 2008, 05:24 AM
The kid was trolling, pretty good effort to.
He was hoping for the comments lol, so don't feel too badly, he would have felt a failure if no one responded.

mreh.Eh
June 27th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Kids say the darndest things :D

isaacj87
June 27th, 2008, 05:48 AM

I like this kid. If you watch his other videos, you can tell he has something worthwhile to say, unlike a certain other child...It was interesting to hear his views on various topics and he's pretty handy with a computer and a good writer (as can be seen in his blog (http://blog.tom-rogers.com/)). Plus, he's got the right spirit! Any person advocating Ubuntu/Linux is good in my book ;)

loell
June 27th, 2008, 06:04 AM

brilliant kid :)

at a very young age with cerebral palsy sure didn't stop him from sharing his honest thoughts.

FFighter
June 27th, 2008, 06:13 AM
rilliant kid

at a very young age with cerebral palsy sure didn't stop him from sharing his honest thoughts.

Yes, indeed. Now that I looked deeper at his blog, I can say that this kid has the genius-factor. At his age I was playing Mega Drive and talking about toys. If he keeps that way, he will be rich and famous :D

Unlike the other one...

EDIT: Know what? He kind of inspires me. Even with issues, he doesn't get depressed by that and records his videos and keeps a blog that could have been said to be written by an adult person. He shows us that with effort we can reach our dreams/goals. I'm pretty sure that what this kid is doing is mostly more than many of us do in regards to sharing our knowledge. Amazing.

perce
June 27th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I was laughing all the way through.

Especially that linux is "sort of merge between vista and apple".

Which was, however, around long before both (he surely means OS X when he says apple)

paul101
June 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM

no!! :lolflag: :popcorn:

lol got the guy on msn now (sorry i couldnt help myself :KS )