PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox 3 turns into back button?

blackvd
June 26th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Anyone else having the problem with firefox 3 turning in to just a back button when visiting certain web pages or searching certain words in yahoo or google? For instance when I search the word 'transparent' even just 'trans' it does this. The only way out is to hit the back button and then resize the browser. Its really bizarre and annoying at that.

Here is a picture of it happening

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Blackvd/firefox.png

Thanks.

Also sorry if its in the wrong section wasn't sure where to put it.

Oh yeah just remembered imdb.com doesn't load either. Works fine in Opera(but who wants to use Opera?).

Vivaldi Gloria
June 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Man, that's funny. This is not ff behaviour. Check your extensions.

blackvd
June 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I went through and disabled every firefox add on i have one by one but it still happens. Maybe I should just delete my entire .mozilla folder? Really hate to do that since I have all my passwords saved and everything else configured to my liking.

Update: Ok I tried removing my .mozilla directory to a new folder to see what would happen and the problem still exist. Which means its not an add on or plugin of any kind causing the problem.

somis
June 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
same for me since upgrade some days ago.
There is some problems about upgrades too:
1) skype don't works since today's upgrade (problem: i'm turning on computer, turning on skype, and after some using time -i'm pressing enter with some words, and skype closes, and i can't turn it on for some time (about 15 mins))
2) since some upgrade (about 1-2 weeks ago) i can play only web player (f.e. youtube or smth), or music on computer. If first music on computer is turned on, then youtube plays without sound, and if first is loaded youtube, then music cannot play.
There is some more i think.

perlluver
June 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM
2) since some upgrade (about 1-2 weeks ago) i can play only web player (f.e. youtube or smth), or music on computer. If first music on computer is turned on, then youtube plays without sound, and if first is loaded youtube, then music cannot play.

This one is cause by alsa and Pulse audio, if I have Rhythmbox open even paused, there will be no sound in Firefox. Just they way it is, but they are still updating it so just hang on for a while. It should all get sorted out soon.

Vivaldi Gloria
June 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
i can play only web player (f.e. youtube or smth), or music on computer. If first music on computer is turned on, then youtube plays without sound, and if first is loaded youtube, then music cannot play.

Fix pulseaudio following one of the following guides:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4928900

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=776739

I used the second thread to fix all my sound issues but the first thread is newer.

Vivaldi Gloria
June 27th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I went through and disabled every firefox add on i have one by one but it still happens. Maybe I should just delete my entire .mozilla folder? Really hate to do that since I have all my passwords saved and everything else configured to my liking.

Update: Ok I tried removing my .mozilla directory to a new folder to see what would happen and the problem still exist. Which means its not an add on or plugin of any kind causing the problem.

Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling.

blackvd
June 28th, 2008, 04:23 AM
same for me since upgrade some days ago.
There is some problems about upgrades too:
1) skype don't works since today's upgrade (problem: i'm turning on computer, turning on skype, and after some using time -i'm pressing enter with some words, and skype closes, and i can't turn it on for some time (about 15 mins))
There is some more i think.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Well guess we have to wait for an update?

blackvd
June 30th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Now my firefox wont save bookmarks anymore? I'm having all kinds of weird problems here. Think I'm gonna remove it and install from mozilla.org

update: tried uninstalling and installing from mozilla.org same problems. This is really starting to get to me. Doesn't save my bookmarks on close, can't visit imdb.com, can't search certain words or visit certain pages, and it even messes up my forum posts. At a loss here any ideas?

thanks.

blackvd
July 1st, 2008, 05:25 AM
bump