View Full Version : Firefox is EVIL.

barbedsaber
June 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/firefox_wicca.png

It must be stopped!

:)

SomeGuyDude
June 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM
XKCD is highly overrated. I often think computer geeks flock to it because it's pretty much the only comic that caters to them. There are gems in the middle of a whole lot of "I think I'm cleverer than I actually am".

isaacj87
June 26th, 2008, 07:21 AM
XKCD is highly overrated. I often think computer geeks flock to it because it's pretty much the only comic that caters to them. There are gems in the middle of a whole lot of "I think I'm cleverer than I actually am".

:lolflag: Agreed.

barbedsaber
June 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM
:(

reyfer
June 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Kind of funny, just kind of....specially if one really knows what Wicca is about, you can play with the misconceptions, but as said above, XKCD is highly overrated.

mini_g
June 26th, 2008, 07:45 AM
:lolflag:

Source? I see that this is likely off of the fora or the blog.

LaRoza
June 26th, 2008, 07:48 AM

Not going to arguing about ratings, I don't care what other people think, but hackles.org is a good comic for geeks.

barbedsaber
June 26th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Not going to arguing about ratings, I don't care what other people think, but hackles.org is a good comic for geeks.

and there goes any chance of me getting any homework done in the short term future. Shame on you LaRozza.

Sinkingships7
June 26th, 2008, 08:11 AM

I'll second this opinion.

zmjjmz
June 26th, 2008, 01:23 PM
www.userfriendly.org is another good one.
I don't have homework, see.

dppowell
June 26th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Fans of Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and other space-navy fiction might enjoy Good Ship Chronicles, which updates spottily but is funny more often than not:

http://www.goodshipchronicles.com

Luke has no name
June 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
xkcd is hilarious. Much better than explosm.net

potrick
June 26th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'm going to pipe in here in defense of xkcd. For me there are far more hits than misses. And if you read it regularly you almost feel as though you know the artist, something pretty hard to achieve with just stick figures. As a writer I've a lot of respect for it.

And not that it matters much, but the web design is way cleaner than anything you just linked to.

Erdaron
June 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I love xkcd because it's the only comic I've seen that's willing to have something honest and truthful, not just funny. And it's also funny. (I suppose MegaTokyo was also supposed to get serious, but it was just too emo for me).

explosm.net has a bunch of writers. One of them is amazing, others are meh, that's why it averages to nothing special.

Also, the comic is true. FF3 download requires a sacrifice of two chickens to install properly.