PDA

View Full Version : What is... Ubuntu?

FinalFightFanatic
June 26th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I know, seems like an unbelievably ignorant question... but ignoring the embarassment I might get for asking this, I read the Wiki article, and have been here on the forum for a few days... and I still don't know.

I use a regular Windows XP Hewlett Packard Laptop - and my main motive was to share my laptop connection with my Wii through a Crossover cable another member suggested to me paired with Firestarter...

So,

What is Ubuntu, and how can it help me share my incomming wireless signal from Starkbucks next door, with my new Wii I just got this week?

LaRoza
June 26th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I know, seems like an unbelievably ignorant question... but ignoring the embarassment I might get for asking this, I read the Wiki article, and have been here on the forum for a few days... and I still don't know.

I use a regular Windows XP Hewlett Packard Laptop - and my main motive was to share my laptop connection with my Wii through a Crossover cable another member suggested to me paired with Firestarter...

What is Ubuntu, and how can it help me share my incomming wireless signal from Starkbucks next door, with my new Wii I just got this week?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu

Ubuntu is an operating system using the Linux kernel and GNU tools. It is free software.

I looked at your posts...

Are you using Ubuntu? If not, you didn't say that and the answers given don't apply.

Flying caveman
June 26th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Ubuntu is NOT Windows:)

TheAL76
June 26th, 2008, 01:48 AM
I've never seen Google fail someone so miserably.

Eisenwinter
June 26th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I've never seen Google fail someone so miserably.

:lolflag: ;x