PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Recommended Blog Site?

XDevHald
October 30th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Hey gang!

I want to know what blog site you recommend for posting your daily notes and etc for all to see.

I need a good blog with absolutely no advertising or maybe a text link is fine, but needing it to be something for my daily project blogging to keep others up to date on application bugs and beta apps as well.

Thanks!

majikstreet
October 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Hey gang!

I want to know what blog site you recommend for posting your daily notes and etc for all to see.

I need a good blog with absolutely no advertising or maybe a text link is fine, but needing it to be something for my daily project blogging to keep others up to date on application bugs and beta apps as well.

Thanks!
On your own server :)

If you don't want to do that, try livejournal.com

psychicdragon
October 30th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Livejournal doesn't allow you to theme your blog unless you give them money.

I would recommend Blogger; no ads since google bought them, you can customize the theme as much as you want, free.

Lovechild
October 30th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I tried livejournal but in the end paying $4.95 a month for hosting with a friends company turned out to be a better solution.. and very affordable.

xequence
October 30th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Wordpress.com :)

majikstreet
October 30th, 2005, 05:10 PM
another one powered by wordpress: http://weblogs.us/

XDevHald
October 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys!

Glad to see some info being passed back and forth, but the main thing we're running into is editing the text size and other things with the template, I do not want to host it on my server, "do not want to", So if you guys have something that let's you do template editing, please let me know, that would really be appreciated :D

Thank you again!

majikstreet
October 30th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Lemme know what you find :)

Brunellus
October 30th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I'm on livejournal. Theming is really not a concern for me, since my readership really doesnt' care.

If I *could* theme, I'd strip it pretty far down to make it lynx-friendly, as a reaction to everybody's Myspace profiles.

Lovechild
October 30th, 2005, 11:50 PM
for posting I use gnome-blog (it's in universe I think), a wonderful little simple tool.

majikstreet
October 31st, 2005, 12:52 AM
for posting I use gnome-blog (it's in universe I think), a wonderful little simple tool.
drivel is nice too.

XDevHald
October 31st, 2005, 03:45 AM
Thanks guys!

I am running drivel for editing an dpublishing, and also using blogger.com :D

Thank you again for all the recommended links and applications to run, realy helped a lot for me :D

majikstreet
October 31st, 2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys!

I am running drivel for editing an dpublishing, and also using blogger.com :D

Thank you again for all the recommended links and applications to run, realy helped a lot for me :D
have fun :)

brentroos
November 25th, 2005, 10:37 PM

erez1122
June 10th, 2009, 05:26 PM
http://videolessons4free.blogspot.com/

video lessons to download , rapidshare

http://videolessons4free.blogspot.com/

the best blog ever , tons of linux lessons