View Full Version : [all variants] Wireless PCI card to work with airport express/linux

Sweet Spot
June 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
So I bought an Apple Macbook Pro the other day, and to go with it, an Airport Express. I'm thinking perhaps that I made a mistake and should have bought an Airport Extreme for the fact that when I build a new Linux box (my previous one blew up in an electrical storm a couple of weeks ago), I'd be able to hardwire the ethernet connection right to it. The express has some pluses to it though, and is a bill cheaper, so I was thinking:

When I build the Linux box, I could just buy a wireless network PCI card, and hope for the best. So, I came across this particular product (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156054&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Network+-+Wireless+Adapters-_-Trendnet-_-33156054) and thought it a good deal.

Does anybody have any experience with this card and Ubuntu or a different distro ? If not, what are some equally good cards, which are known to work ? I searched the Wiki and didn't see any documentation on this particular card, but since new stuff is coming out all the time, I figured that it could just be that the case is that no one has gotten to it yet.

Ideas ?Thanks much.