PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Quick Dual Boot Question!

BlackIrish
June 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hi.

Some time ago I had Ubuntu installed, but after some time my windows xp login process got completely destroyed so I had to reinstall windows from scratch.

Now I talked to some other people, and they too had some similar problems, and although they are not sure, they say the reason could be that they also had ubuntu installed on their dual boot system?

So is it true that two different OS's can influence each other and even make some damage?

Thanks!

Pjotr123
June 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Hi.

Some time ago I had Ubuntu installed, but after some time my windows xp login process got completely destroyed so I had to reinstall windows from scratch.

Now I talked to some other people, and they too had some similar problems, and although they are not sure, they say the reason could be that they also had ubuntu installed on their dual boot system?

So is it true that two different OS's can influence each other and even make some damage?

Thanks!

Quick answer: no, that's impossible. :-)

BlackIrish
June 25th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Cool dude!

Herman
June 26th, 2008, 01:09 AM
my windows xp login process got completely destroyedHow long have you had this Windows XP installed ? About three months?
Do you remember when you installed it if you registered your copy of Windows XP right away. or did you click something like 'not right now, register later'?

EDIT: Try out the advice in the following web page and see if it helps at all, Windows XP Logon Screen with No User Accounts? (http://internetducttape.com/2007/03/20/windows-xp-logon-screen-with-no-user-accounts/)