PDA

View Full Version : Photo organization software?

mmcmonster
October 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Anyone know of any good photo organization software for Ubuntu? I basically need something along the lines of Paint Shop Photo Album: Abiity (within the program) to create folders, move files from a camera, sort by date taken, and burn a CD.

Yes, I know how to do each of those things using other programs. The problem is I want my dad to use Ubuntu, so I can finally get WinXP off his computer. (I'm really tired of all the Windows administration hassels. I figure if I create a locked-down linux box, things can't go too bad).

tonderai
October 30th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Gthumb or F-spot.

Gthumb has quite traditional folder-based navigation, whereas F-spot is more innovative - with a rather swanky slider to skim through photos by date, and export to Flickr etc. I'm still exploring it myself. Both do camera import and export to CD.

mmcmonster
October 30th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Gthumb or F-spot.

Gthumb has quite traditional folder-based navigation, whereas F-spot is more innovative - with a rather swanky slider to skim through photos by date, and export to Flickr etc. I'm still exploring it myself. Both do camera import and export to CD.

Thanks. I'll give them both a try. :razz:

Ride Jib
October 30th, 2005, 09:02 PM
i like f-spot so far. once it matures more, it is going to be an excellent package

poptones
October 30th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I still haven't seen a linux package that compares to thumbsplus.

...working on it, though...