PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How did the latest Compiz and kernel updates go for you?

rainwalker
June 25th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I've seen a few threads about Compiz and kernel updates breaking things, so I'd like to get feedback before I update.

How did the recent Compiz update go for you? Update Manager lists the new version as 1:0.7.4-0ubuntu7

What about the new 2.6.24-19 kernel, good or bad?

overdrank
June 25th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I've seen a few threads about Compiz and kernel updates breaking things, so I'd like to get feedback before I update.

How did the recent Compiz update go for you? Update Manager lists the new version as 1:0.7.4-0ubuntu7

What about the new 2.6.24-19 kernel, good or bad?

I have had no issues on the 64 bit system and I use nvidia graphics.

rainwalker
June 25th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I have had no issues on the 64 bit system and I use nvidia graphics.

That's reassuring, I've heard 64-bit can be a hassle sometimes?

Sed Levis
October 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
When I load the latest kernel with compiz, I get an all white desktop with only the cursor visible. When I go to "rotate the cube" it does so with an all white cube.

I'm running 64 bit with ATI Radeon xpress200m

any suggestions?

Oh yes... this brings me to another question. When I cannot see what I'm doing as in a scenario such as this, I would like to know what keystroke shortcut i can use to reboot or get to a text terminal.

Thanx!

jheaton5
October 23rd, 2008, 04:09 AM
When I load the latest kernel with compiz, I get an all white desktop with only the cursor visible. When I go to "rotate the cube" it does so with an all white cube.

I'm running 64 bit with ATI Radeon xpress200m

any suggestions?

Oh yes... this brings me to another question. When I cannot see what I'm doing as in a scenario such as this, I would like to know what keystroke shortcut i can use to reboot or get to a text terminal.

Thanx!

Sed Levis,

This is an old thread. If you have an issue that you want prompt attention for you need to begin a new thread. Those with the most experience look for threads where there are 0 or very few responses. :)