PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Studio Freezes after install. Regular Hardy OK.

MichaelK
June 25th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Hello all!

Here's my issue: I've done the following (all of it) twice now, and the same results happen. I'll try to be as specific as possible:

Download (torrent) UbuntuStudio 8.04
Confirm MD5
Burn to DVD, verify contents (first with InfraRecorder, then Nero)
Pop into laptop
Verify disk integrity (OK)
Install Ubuntu Studio (OK)

Now, here are the results once I reboot after the install (both trials IDENTICAL):

First boot, past loading (OK), past login (OK), freeze at desktop, after a warning popup (something about uninstalling fast user switching) gets a response.

Second boot, past loading (OK), freeze at login screen.

Third boot, freeze at loading (when the hollow "STUDIO" word fills from left to right).

I've installed Ubuntu 8.04 which works wonderfully, but Studio's having issues. My computer is capable (I think); it's a Compaq Evo n620c. I'll stress again that Hardy 8.04 plain works wonderfully, no problem at all. The freezes at the login and desktop show the mouse cursor, but it's unresponsive. No key combination works either; I'm forced to do a hard-reboot after 35 minutes.

Can anyone confirm this or offer any remedy? The only thing about which I wasn't sure was the UTC option for the clock setting during Studio's setup (Hardy doesn't ask), but Googling afterwards makes me think I chose correctly (Yes, UTC).

Thanks for any time or help you can offer!
Mike