PDA

View Full Version : Computer looked like it was hacked or possessed

PrimoTurbo
June 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I was watching a movie on windows. All of a sudden the movie pauses...I'm thinking that this is kind of odd...So I unpause it..A search box opens starts typing really weird letters like xx3*+b...I'm thinking I have a trojan at his point..I open the task manager, everything looks fine. Then I open notepad thinking I might be able to communicate with the intruder...As I'm about to typing something I see 66666666 being repeated and more things begin to open and close. I turn off my dsl & router, but all of this continues which freaks me out a little. A few seconds later I remember that I accidentally spilled a cup of water on my computer desk. The water kind went off the table missing my router and computer, however some of it spilled under the keyboard. I didn't notice this...

So now my keyboard is drying under a fan, and here I thought my computer was possessed. Typing with a on screen keyboard also sucks.

jonathan.gardner04
June 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
That sounds like fun. I had an employee who spilled what appeared to be half a bottle of white wine on her laptop. I had to take it apart and clean everything with q-tips. It worked but we got a new board just to be safe. Good luck. Let us know how things turn out.

Lostincyberspace
June 24th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Yup your computer was poses by coke, Or were you just on coke? and this was a hallucination?

oedipuss
June 24th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hahah the 666es would have freaked me out a bit, depending on the movie..
What were you watching, btw? the Exorcist? Omen? 8D

nick09
June 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Wow! Talk about drinks possessing computers!:lolflag:

oedipuss
June 24th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Wow! Talk about drinks possessing computers!:lolflag:

ooo what was that movie where this happened, and the computer became self aware?? Late 80ies - early 90ies or so ..

niyonk
June 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
*chokes* :shock:

PrimoTurbo
June 24th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hahah the 666es would have freaked me out a bit, depending on the movie..
What were you watching, btw? the Exorcist? Omen? 8D

The Fisher King

Bungo Pony
June 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I once spilled a glass of water on an Amiga keyboard. However, since the computer was housed inside the keyboard, I fried the entire thing.

karellen
June 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I spilled some coke over my keyboard last year and it war ruined. I had to replace it

Samhain13
June 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
ooo what was that movie where this happened, and the computer became self aware?? Late 80ies - early 90ies or so ..

Ghost In The Machine? :)

GCoffee
June 24th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Anyone heard of those maximus keyboards? £500 pound per keyboard, each key is a lcd screen etc etc, very fancy, wouldn't like to spill some water on that..

Demostration

Keyboard Owner: Hey! Look at my new keyboard (turns around knocking glass of water over onto keyboard without realising)
Guy: Is it waterproof?
Keyboard owner: no, why?
Guy: Because you just spilt your glass of water on it
Keyboard Owner: But...How...It cost £500 ($1000), Then faints