PDA

View Full Version : [other] I wanna dump Azureus, what should I pick?

xlinuks
June 24th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hi,
with every release Azureus is pulling down our throats more and more "Vuze" marketing cruft, newly they even renamed Azureus to Vuze, in version 3.1 they added some more annoying "Vuze" toolbars which I couldn't find how to disable.
So I wonder what torrent client should I choose that would be on pair with my "passed away" Azureus.
thanks

Zulu-Zeffir
June 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I use bittorrent. Although, it's not so bloated with features, but I guess that's why I like it.

Pumalite
June 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Transmission in Hardy; ktorrent in Gutsy.

Kobalt
June 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I like very much Transmission in Hardy...

cuby
June 24th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Deluge BitTorrent Client ;)

The Brain
June 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM
ktorrent is terrific. I tried a million clients for linux and its head and shoulders the best. Very user friendly, lots of functionality, intuitive, and doesn't chew up resources like azureus does.

darco
June 25th, 2008, 04:29 AM
In Azureus, I open to classic view (I think thats what its called) so it still looks like the old Azureus I am used to.

darco

etnlIcarus
June 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Deluge BitTorrent Client ;)

ktorrent is terrific.
I second these two user's motions. I used to use Ktorrent but moved to Deluge a while back.

Deluge has a slightly smaller feature set but they're mostly pretty similar in looks and functionality.

To make this decision simple, I'll propose the following:

If you're using Gnome; Xfce or just any environment where you're predominantly using GTK+, go with Deluge.

If you're using KDE or most of your apps are Qt, use Ktorrent.