PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing EvE online

MaDeX
June 24th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hi, this is my story.

I love EvE, i'm a windows user - CRYING to come over to ubuntu, there is only ONE application stopping me from this merge...eve.

There is a linux available client to download and install, but I have no clue of installation, I wonder, any of you chaps + chappetts play eve on linux?

I really want to make a move finally onto Ubuntu (My laptop will be using it soon too)

Matt.

tacoz
June 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
The file you download from:
http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/linux/eve_000066_all.deb
can be run on downloading. Then it installs something in your program/games folder named Eve online, that on run, installs the Real EvE... And then it should work... :)
There are also “eve-online configuration” same place as eve-online, if it don't work.
That is all I know.

Hope it was the help you needed MaDeX...

But I have a error I need help to:

0004: Bad stuff: client ignore setting select events for 0x9004fb88 to 1
0004: Bad stuff: client ignore setting select events for 0x9004fb88 to 0
X Error of failed request: BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 146 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_ShmCreatePixmap)
Serial number of failed request: 3565
Current serial number in output stream: 3567
X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

Major opcode of failed request: 62 (X_CopyArea)
Resource id in failed request: 0x3c0034e
Serial number of failed request: 3568
Current serial number in output stream: 3569

Anyone there can help me too?

t.rei
June 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I used the wine + premium-graphics client approach, since this gave me far less bugs.
Just turned off the premium content after patching.

The only problem I have right now running eve on my x700 ati on my ubuntu is really bad performance in space and not-completely-satisfying performance in station.

I traced it to some error, wich forces lighting to be calculated in software emulation appearantly, wich would explain the really bad FPS.

But installation was easy: wine-homepage, added the repos, installed wine, added the arial.ttf font to the .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts folder, installed eve-premium, patched premium, switched to classic and everything worked.

But yes, I do need those fps. Cause 10 fps in space just isnt doing it for me. :)

Ziggirott
October 30th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Hello I just switched to Ubuntu as my main OS. I was running a dual boot system for fear EVE wouldn't be playable but after 3 months of playing with no major issues I finally got rid of XP completely and now run Ubuntu as my only OS.

I had never used Linux until 3 months ago due to all the horror stories I had heard about it being complicated to run programs that don't have native support. After using Ubuntu I found that yes its a little complicated but you benefit a lot by learning how to get things running.

So guess what I'm trying to say is hang in there its worth it in the end and feel free to email me or reply and I'll do what ever I can to get you up and running.

LiVeViL,
Ziggy

`