PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] zd1211b ??

carlossousa
June 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Hello,

I've been reading about the zd1211rw on the posts in ubuntuforums and noticed everyone talks about a USB dongle.
In my case, its a asusr2h that has a usb firmware that includes the webcam, fingerprint, gps, usb and bluetooth devices.
The strange thing is that when I install the 8.04 cd sent to me from canonicle, the zd1211 doesnt disconnect and all I have to do is create the

/lib/firmware/zd1211

dir and copy the /lib/firmware/2.6??????/zd1211/zd1211b* files and bang, dhclient to eth1 and all is great.

After finishing the installation, I get a USB disconnect from the zd1211b driver.
What gives???

Any help???

Thanks

rojjjjjjj
July 28th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I also have an Asus r2h and have been struggling to get wireless working.

From a number of tutorials read I understand that the inbuilt wifi is supported by the zd1211b module but this was meant to be replaces by the zd1211rw module that is now included in the kernel.

On feisty I have been unable to connect to the network via wifi but I can see my device listed under lsusb.

I have also tried to blacklist zd1211rw and tried to compile the original software for the zd1211b module but this fails to compile cleanly.

Any assistance as to how you get the Asus R2H adapter working would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks