PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to install using Virtual PC 2007

Haulnbones
June 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
It opens the .iso, I choose English, hit Install UBUNTU, then I get

An Unrecoverable processor error has been encountered.
The Virtual Machine will reset now.

Anyone else had a problem with installing Ubuntu on VPC2007?

Thanks,

Bones

ros256
July 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
I received the same message. However I think I downloaded the Live installer version rather than the alternate text-based installer. You probably did the same. Try it with the alternate installer.

Tommygib
August 28th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Haulnbones,
I am experiencing the same difficulty. I have tried to install the alternate iso as you suggetsed and even get to the "loading linux kernal" screen when the by now infamous "unrecoverable error" message reappears.

I have Ubuntu dual booted onto the system with Vista and it runs fine. So I am at a loss to know why it fails to run in vpc2007.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy.

buck2825
September 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I have been having the same problems with my VPC2007 install. I have tried all the text edits i can find and different iso. is i tried an odd one, installed 6.06 LTS that works great.... installed the updates and then hit upgrade everything took great now for the real test. REBOOT. processor error, reset.

i'm so glad i just wasted 3 hours.

Virtual PC 2007 both with and without SP1

cbolwerk
September 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I had the same problem. After searching for a long time, I came across this, which worked for me.

Add "noreplace-paravirt" to the command for installation.

buck2825
September 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
OK call me a quiter if you want, but VMware is awsome USB even works 8.04.1 installed great and runs great. no cool graphic stuff like AWN or springy windows but its still ubuntu.