PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can someone make me an auto install command for ff3 in gutst

exneo002
June 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
I'm running on gutsy I can't upgrade to hardy and I want ff3. Can someone make me a command that downloads and installs ff3 in gutsy with wget?

jocko
June 22nd, 2008, 11:13 PM
FF3 is available in the repos (alpha 8 in gutsy, beta 4 in gutsy-backports), so just activate the backports repo (in synaptic, go to Settings --> Repositories --> Updates), reload the package list and install firefox-3.0.
Or:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox-3.0

djb6
June 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
did this with Hardy as well, and it still worked...thanks a lot, considering I'm not very good at this Linux stuff, I just switched from Windows Vista.

bsmith1051
June 23rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
did this with Hardy as well
Why? Hardy already comes with FF3 -- and the 'final' version, too, not an alpha, beta or RC.

Does the backports repo for Gutsy have the final? I never saw any major bugs with the pre-final versions but I'd still rather get 3.0-final (yes, I'm still running Gutsy)

djb6
June 27th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I got my version the day it came out, and it still had the beta version instead of the final, since the final I don't think was out yet...