PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone checked out the KDE 4.1 Nightly Builds?

UniverseA7X
June 22nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
out of pure curiosity, and my love for KDE, I decided to try it out. I had installed the development version of 4.1 before this, and THAT was a mess. The buggiest thing I had ever used. So it got used once and now sits on my computer dormant.

But the the nightly build KDE 4.1 is a HUGE improvement. WOW.

Animations are smoother, it's more visually pleasing. The buggy feel of it is lessened by a truckload. I'm excited for the finished product now. :KS

What's your guys' opinion on it?

hotweiss
June 22nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
out of pure curiosity, and my love for KDE, I decided to try it out. I had installed the development version of 4.1 before this, and THAT was a mess. The buggiest thing I had ever used. So it got used once and now sits on my computer dormant.

But the the nightly build KDE 4.1 is a HUGE improvement. WOW.

Animations are smoother, it's more visually pleasing. The buggy feel of it is lessened by a truckload. I'm excited for the finished product now. :KS

What's your guys' opinion on it?

I'm sure that KDE 4 will come along slowly... They chose to be revolutionary instead of evolutionary, so there are some hurdles to jump over because of that.

awakatanka
June 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Tryed it and for me it behaves better then the 4.1 from the kubuntu page.It is looking also better, i only hope they change the background before they put it live.

but they nightly is :guitar: