PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Title bar in firefox missing.

mail2kvasanth@yahoo.co.in
June 22nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
I can't see my title bar in firefox. somebody help to http://www.flickr.com/photos/click-it/2598927441/

lisati
June 22nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
I get that sometime too when I accidentally bump F11..... pressing F11 again usually brings it back again.

rdshaw
September 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I am having the same problem. Firefox starts without a title bar visible. It is not running in full screen mode, because when I press f11, it goes into full screen mode where moving the mouse to the top of the screen causes the title bar to slide down. I am running the latest version of Firefox (3.0.1) and Ubuntu Gutsy current on all updates. It is more annoying than anything else, but I would like to correct it because my father is driving me crazy about it.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

MoebusNet
September 25th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Just came up with same exact problem with FF3.0.2. I submitted a bug report, so we'll see.

Until I can figure this out, I've installed Opera through Synaptic.

zedstrange
October 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
ditto, and it happens from time to time with other application windows, but lately it is just firefox.

Pain in the neck, sometimes a new session fixes it, but mostly not.

BGrigg
October 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM
This is a problem that apparently is a conflict with FF and Compiz. Try "Alt-F2" to bring up the "Run Application" box and type in (without the quotes): "metacity --replace" and see if that restores the title bar. "compiz --replace" restores the eye candy and unfortunately the problem.

mouseware
November 4th, 2008, 06:00 AM
wow, i've been looking for a fix all night! that fixed it, thanks! so when i went back into visual effects and bumped it up to extra and its back the way it was...

happened after upgrading to intrepid, btw!

BezNalogov
December 10th, 2008, 09:34 AM
The strange thing is that this happened to me after some pop-up (that wasn't blocked somehow) appeared. This pop-up deliberately came up without the title bar, so it was very hard to close.

I pressed alt+tab to move to another window, then I close the pop-up via the gnome panel (via right mouse click and then exit).

Ever since firefox starts without a title bar, and I have to press F11 twice to get the title bar back. It's like FF has set this as the default for a window to appear.

I removed .mozilla in my home directory and that solved the problem for me. Unfortunately I forgot to backup my bookmarks, so I lost those. So be aware when you will do this, to backup your bookmarks and understand that you will have to do all your settings again.

lori
February 26th, 2009, 02:06 AM
The strange thing is that this happened to me after some pop-up (that wasn't blocked somehow) appeared. This pop-up deliberately came up without the title bar, so it was very hard to close.

Same thing happened to me.
It was a download from gnome-look.org which had the popup add window (third party site) which couldn't be closed, after that I had the same problem with Firefox not having a titlebar.
BGRIGG's solution worked for me except that I ran "compiz --replace" after running "metacity --replace", problem was resolved and compiz was back.

black-max
March 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Thanks BGrigg! Had just installed sexy new compiz themes and was going to blame them. Worked a treat.

duo001
April 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM
It has been a while but I got this problem again. This time I didn't want to loose all of my data, ie saved passwords, so I found the one file that is the cause. Go into your `/.mozilla/firefox/profile folder/ and remove the localstore.rdf file.

Now I'm sure with some more time someone could go in and find the exact line in that file that causes this. I just don't have that much patience.

zika
April 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
problem is solved with (this is the place were I learned that) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6206588#post6206588