PDA

View Full Version : 360 MOV's in ubuntu?

kevin11951
June 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM
you know those 360 pictures in the form of mov's, is there any way to view them in ubuntu? eg. http://www.greatwolf.com/Locations/Grapevine/waterparks/fortmackenzie.aspx# (Click on the pics that say 360) this is supposed to look like a pic you can look around in.

MethodOne
June 21st, 2008, 11:17 PM
The site you're looking at uses QuickTime VR, which is not supported by any media player browser plugins on Linux. You can try running Firefox and the QuickTime plugin in Wine.

klange
June 21st, 2008, 11:36 PM
Download, open in a video player that supports rotating the output, rotate ninety degrees clockwise, move slider.

billgoldberg
June 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM
If I click on one of those 360 mov files, a new firefox window openes (I hate that), and the screen is filled by totem.

The vid plays for some seconds.

Who the hell still uses .mov today?

It was bad when it came out, and it's even worse today.

chris4585
June 22nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
If I click on one of those 360 mov files, a new firefox window openes (I hate that), and the screen is filled by totem.

The vid plays for some seconds.

Who the hell still uses .mov today?

It was bad when it came out, and it's even worse today.

For firefox 2

To stop that stupid totem action in firefox (I can say some bad things about why this is in Ubuntu but I wont, along with every other file action) In firefox to go Edit > Preferences > content tab > manage button

select whatever action > change action button > set it to anything else, just change its action it doesnt matter

go back to where the other actions are, then select another action, any action, and go back to the old action you changed and then finally remove it

then you will be able to have the download dialog for that file type, with this you can either save file or open with... whatever you want, for example instead of .ogg action of the totem plugin or whatever it is you can save it and play it in whatever you want..

god why does ubuntu include those actions? i have to remove every... single... one.. of them

Its nearly the same process in Firefox 3, but they changed the GUI a bit so its a little easier actually to remove those actions

most videos I play in totem anyway but i cannot stand that totem action..