PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] a problem with the menus

nebu1a
June 21st, 2008, 12:05 PM
i have an italian hardy heon on my pc (i'm not talking about a bird, obviously...). i'll try to translate the writings, but consider that they may not be as they are in the english version.

however, i have a big big problem. it's concerned about editing the menus.

at the beginning, i couldn't edit the menù, neither right clicking on "application", "places" or "system" and then clicking on "edit menus", nor choosing "system/preference/main menu". when i tried one of these options, nothing happened.

so, following a suggestion i found in the italian ubuntu forum, i tried with "alacarte" in a terminal, but it said that i hadn't enough permissions to do that. then i tried with "sudo alacarte".

at that moment the usual main menu window popped up, but the changes i selected in it didn't appear when i looked for them in the menus. i could make only one change: putting "menu editor" in "applications/other". it resembles the alacarte menu, and just like it it's not able to change the menus.

the only exception is wine. as a lot of things, in fact, wine gives me a problem. i don't have the usual "application/wine" menu, even if i can see it (with the wine glass, etc) in alacarte. i just succeded in creating, through alacarte, "application/other/wine". it has no icon, or rather it has the blank window one, and it doesn't start wine.

what can i do? i'd be very thankful if you can help me.

thanks.