PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] why does swiftweasel and firefox keep shutting down

hazman
June 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
why does swiftweasel and firefox keep shutting down.

sonicb00m
June 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
lol stunning post there.

hazman
June 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
if your'e not going to help don't post

drs305
June 21st, 2008, 11:53 AM
hazman,

you are going to have to be more specific to get help on this subject. what are you attempting to do when ff crashes - viewing flash sites, downloading, etc? what version of ff are you using - 2.0, 3.05b, 3.0

there have been some threads about firefox crashing, especially concerning ff 3.05b and flash (there's a reason it's called beta). if you haven't upgraded to FF 3.0 I would suggest that as a good first step. I think you need 'hardy updates' enabled in synaptic to get the 3.0 final version.

Do a search in the forums using key words for what is happening and when, and with which browser (firefox, flash, crash, and in advanced search, select within the past month.

Good luck.

hazman
June 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
thank you check i'll check that out.that's all i asked not some sarcastic comment.i had been using ff3 beta and had problems with choppy video and audio playback out of sync where as swiftweasel works fine other than shutting down every now and again

sonicb00m
June 21st, 2008, 12:20 PM
it's not a sarcy comment. IT's the fact you've been totally lazy that another poster has had to do the support work for you by asking a multitude of questions about your problem.

"ooh my internets broken" type of thing.

nowshining
June 21st, 2008, 10:30 PM
on swiftweasel do u set ur own useraagen from the default? if so and ur on a java site firefox & equivs will crash - clear the java cache folder and re-set ur useragent to the default before using java related sites, etc..