PDA

View Full Version : Order Pizza from your CLI!

azurepancake
June 21st, 2008, 06:46 AM
I am not sure just how popular this is, but I just came across this and I was a bit skeptical at first, but I actually want to give it a shot now, after reading a couple articles about it.

What it does it pretty straight forward. It lets you order pizza straight from your terminal! Check out these links..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pPajOvQGo
http://www.linux.com/articles/113693
http://www.beigerecords.com/cory/pizza_party/

bufsabre666
June 21st, 2008, 06:51 AM
mmm.... cli pizza

but why is there a verbose command? so you can watch the process?
does force make it so you dont have to pay?
how come no drink ordering command? i like a dr pepper or mt dew with my pizza personally

chris4585
June 21st, 2008, 07:44 AM
I want cli pizza now...

lisati
June 21st, 2008, 07:49 AM
sudo apt-get free-pizza

schauerlich
June 21st, 2008, 08:16 AM
You want a clip of izza? Okay... I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWVKa9DL-UI

Anon always delivers.

aggiemarine07
June 21st, 2008, 09:39 PM
How can I get that installed on my system? It lists the dependencies in the README but I can not find them in ubuntu repositories, are they listed as something else? Here are the listed dependencies below:

LWP::UserAgent;
HTTP::Request;
HTTP::Response;
HTTP::Cookies;
URI::Escape;
Getopt::Mixed;

Thanks in advance!

azurepancake
June 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
How can I get that installed on my system? It lists the dependencies in the README but I can not find them in ubuntu repositories, are they listed as something else? Here are the listed dependencies below:

LWP::UserAgent;
HTTP::Request;
HTTP::Response;
HTTP::Cookies;
URI::Escape;
Getopt::Mixed;

Thanks in advance!

If your using Ubuntu Hardy, then the only package you need to install is libgetopt-mixed-perl..

sudo apt-get install libgetopt-mixed-perl

You can then run it straight from the directory..

./pizza_party

Or you can do what I did (and is recommended in the README) and move the "pizza_party" file to the '/usr/local/bin' directory..

sudo mv pizza_party /usr/local/bin

Then you can move the man file to the '/usr/local/man/man1' directory..

sudo mv man /usr/local/man/man1

Now you can just type..

pizza_party

..into the terminal to start the program. If you read the man page, you can create a configuration file called ".pizza_partyrc" in your /home/user directory. Here is the template..

username=rtm
password=simple
default_quantity=3
default_size=medium
default_crust=deep
default_toppings=pmx

Enjoy and have fun!

zachtib
June 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
where's the --no-cheese flag?

Mateo
June 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM
where's the --no-cheese flag?

Then it wouldn't be a pizza, would it?

cardinals_fan
June 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM
pacman -Sy
pacman -S crust-thick
pacman -S chicken
pacman -S barbequesauce
pacman -S onions
pacman -S garlic
pacman -S pineapple
The perfect pizza :)

magnus0
June 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM
sudo apt-get pizza -cheese -chicken -pineapple -garlic

lol

zachtib
June 21st, 2008, 11:28 PM
Then it wouldn't be a pizza, would it?

Growing up allergic to cheese, I'd beg to differ :P

alwiap
June 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM
the perfect pizza is a ******* hawaiian pizza (pineapple, ham, jalapeno, sometimes mushrooms)

no contest

Lostincyberspace
June 21st, 2008, 11:43 PM
the perfect pizza is a ******* hawaiian pizza (pineapple, ham, jalapeno, sometimes mushrooms)

no contest
You forgot spam!

bufsabre666
June 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
the perfect pizza is a personalized issue, to me its a double cheese double pepperoni think crust, like they do it at wiseguys down the street here ((if youre ever in buffalo and want real pizza stop there, not joking, best pizza ever, and i grew up in nyc which is billed to have the best pizza))

init1
June 22nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
mount /dev/mouth /body/face/mouth
mv /tmp/pizza /body/face/mouth

cardinals_fan
June 22nd, 2008, 02:51 AM
Growing up allergic to cheese, I'd beg to differ :P
+1000000

I can't eat cheese. It makes me sick.

zmjjmz
June 22nd, 2008, 03:08 AM
And I can't eat wheat/barley/rye/spelt. Or anything with gluten. Luckily there are gluten-free pizzas, but does Dominos make them?

cova
June 22nd, 2008, 03:20 AM
mount /dev/mouth /body/face/mouth
mv /tmp/pizza /body/face/mouth

Haha. Ace.
Shame this wont do UK orders too. Feel like im missing out. Plus its only dominos to choose from and I know better places near where I live. Ah well... wheres the phone? Wonder if theyd understand me if I said "./pizzaparty -o -m -w -x 1 large thin"?

TBOL3
June 22nd, 2008, 05:28 AM
Wait, they're on windows!

anemptygun
June 22nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I officially have to try this!

aggiemarine07
June 30th, 2008, 12:36 PM
thanks for your help! I love this little program!

If your using Ubuntu Hardy, then the only package you need to install is libgetopt-mixed-perl..

sudo apt-get install libgetopt-mixed-perl

You can then run it straight from the directory..

./pizza_party

Or you can do what I did (and is recommended in the README) and move the "pizza_party" file to the '/usr/local/bin' directory..

sudo mv pizza_party /usr/local/bin

Then you can move the man file to the '/usr/local/man/man1' directory..

sudo mv man /usr/local/man/man1

Now you can just type..

pizza_party

..into the terminal to start the program. If you read the man page, you can create a configuration file called ".pizza_partyrc" in your /home/user directory. Here is the template..

username=rtm
password=simple
default_quantity=3
default_size=medium
default_crust=deep
default_toppings=pmx

Enjoy and have fun!

troy896
June 30th, 2008, 03:37 PM
could someone tell em what commands i shoudl put it if i have 7.10?

sharks
July 27th, 2008, 02:34 AM
http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/04/02/get-your-pizza-order-status-from-dominos-from-terminal/

tiachopvutru
July 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Imagine Linux users start ordering pizza from Domino just to try this script, and imagine Domino starts promoting Linux just because of that. :)

I'm kidding, of course.

adamogardner
July 27th, 2008, 06:24 AM
this is so funny. Domino's really sucks too. but the idea of tracking your orders and mail packages and information in general through the terminal is awsome.

RiceMonster
July 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I don't like Dominos, but that aside, this is way too geeky for me lol.

Kiefer Rodriguez
July 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM
It starts with ordering a pizza, soon enough we'll all be making scripts to buy our groceries.. >_<

user@homenet$./wallmart.py

OutOfReach
July 27th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I'd rather have Pizza Hut, but hey Dominos is still good :D :P

RiceMonster
July 27th, 2008, 07:18 AM
It starts with ordering a pizza, soon enough we'll all be making scripts to buy our groceries.. >_<

user@homenet$./wallmart.py

You buy your groceries from wallmart? :-?

Kiefer Rodriguez
July 27th, 2008, 07:22 AM
You buy your groceries from wallmart? :-?

I buy mine at Woolworths :)
Everyone knows Wallmart :P

RiceMonster
July 27th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Ok that makes sense then lol. That probably was the best choice because come to think of it, I don't know of any world wide chains other than Wallmart that sell groceries.

kko1
July 27th, 2008, 09:28 AM

That probably was the best choice because come to think of it, I don't know of any world wide chains other than Wallmart that sell groceries.

15 (16) countries is hardly worldwide. ;)

...though what Kiefer Rodriguez says isn't too far off, Walmart is notorious for their employee relations.

Ok back to pizza: Way too geeky yes, plus I prefer eating out. But cool anyway. :)

Mateo
July 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
There's also a program that can order pizza from the command line (i think it's Domino's too). Someone should combine the features of both applications into one.

Diabolis
July 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I wonder how real is this. How do they update the information, does the pizza has a microchip that tracks its status :shock:

Mateo
July 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I wonder how real is this. How do they update the information, does the pizza has a microchip that tracks its status :shock:

Dominos tracks via their website. This tool simply fools the website into thinking it is a web browser and retrieves the information.

D-EJ915
July 28th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I buy mine at Woolworths :)
nuke.py >> walmart.com

heh

pretty interesting dominio's thing, too much trouble but still hilarious

geogur
July 28th, 2008, 02:29 AM
maybe linux would fix dominos to taste better . just like it made the internet better.

adamogardner
July 31st, 2008, 02:25 PM
If we could track how our tax dollars are spent to subsidize Wal-mart (since quite often It can't sustain itself) from the CLI then I bet there would be fewer of them boxing dotting the country side.

you might be on to something geogur. Maybe our pizza (ie that of the linux user) can be open source. We can collaborate on the different ingredients, new distros (pizzos?) hmmmm.

K.Mandla
July 31st, 2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/04/02/get-your-pizza-order-status-from-dominos-from-terminal/