PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How to install PSPVC?

Famicommander
June 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
Can someone give me a simple, step-by-step guide for how to install PSPVC in Xubuntu 8.04 32 bit?

Thanks in advance.

Famicommander
June 21st, 2008, 03:56 AM
So then I'm the only Ubuntu user in the world with a PSP?

I somehow find that hard to believe.

cariboo
June 21st, 2008, 05:07 AM
Sometimes it takes a while for someone to read the post. Which version are up trying to install the Windows version or the Linux version.

Jim

azurepancake
June 21st, 2008, 05:47 AM
Okay, go to this following website http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=158921&use_mirror=internap&filename=pspvc-install-0.3.tar.gz&8764884/ to download the tar.gz file.

If the file downloads to your desktop, move it to your '/home/user' directory (replacing "user" with your username of course). Open up a terminal session, check that your in your home directory and type..

tar zxfv pspvc-install-0.3.tar.gz

This will decompress and create the directory "pspvc-install-0.3" in your users home directory. According to the README inside the directory, the program relies on the following dependencies..

- nasm
- libfaac
- liba52
- libxvidcore
- gtk+2.0

So then copy & paste the following command into the terminal to download and install them..

sudo apt-get install nasm liba52-0.7.4 libfaac0 libfaac-dev libxvidcore4 libxvidcore4-dev libgtk2.0-dev

Then navigate to the pspvc-install-0.3 directory.. (replace "user" with your username)

cd /home/user/pspvc-install-0.3

and type..

sudo sh install.sh

It should then begin the install process. The install took between 3-5 minutes. The installation output is ugly, don't worry too much about it unless the program does not start. Once it is complete type..

pspvc

..into the terminal and it should open.

Good luck, let me know how it goes!

lingenfr
November 3rd, 2008, 02:49 AM
Very helpful. I couldn't figure out how to do the thanks thing, but thanks.

XaversPSP
November 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I can't open the application someone please help!!

Hey Gary
February 20th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I was able to follow the above instructions and get PSPVC loaded and running on my 9.10 Ubuntu install. It converted my test case very well and I played it on the PSP. I used to use 3GP_converter, which sometimes would mess up the sync between video and voice. The test case was a success where 3GP was not.

I first opened a terminal window and ran the tool, there are warnings but it works (just like warnings during the build). The command is "pspvc". I then did a system -> preferences -> Main Menu and created a new menu item to launch from the menu instead of the command line.

Later I noticed the installer (or something) created the menu item for me in Sound & Video menu.

Thanks for the help in getting this to work.

Paul T.
July 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I tried to install pspvc in Ubuntu 10.04 using the above instructions, however I was getting an error when trying to install the dependencies;

"E: Couldn't find package libxvidcore4-dev"

I found out that it should be libxvidcore-dev NOT libxvidcore4-dev.
Don't know if this is specific to 10.04 but it works! :p