PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Kernel update from .14 to .15 on Gutsy - any problems?

lsutiger
June 21st, 2008, 01:14 AM
There was an update to .15 of the linux kernel today for Gutsy. Any problems?

There are several kernel updates for Hardy that broke a few things to totally trashed some systems.

Thanx for your input!

upchucky
June 21st, 2008, 02:17 AM
yes, it hosed my nvidia, I have spent the last four hours trying to get it running again, the stuff posted on these forums has not worked.

I have redone my nvidia several times after kernel updates, this is the first time it wont work.

I uninstalled my existing nvidia packages, then when i run the new nvidia from their download site it says to stop x to do it.

I stop x by rebooting in "safe" mode, then run it again from command line as root, it says unable to connect to nvidia server, i cant find where to tell it the file is on my desktop.

the other times i did this it ran with no problem, but this time it says my dev libc are wrong, i am totally updated when checking update site.

lsutiger
June 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Thanx for your post(warning)! I was suspicious after the kernel updates for Hardy jacked up a lot of ppl's systems. The Nvidia drivers seem to not play nice with the new kernel updates.

amyst
June 21st, 2008, 02:49 AM
My wireless failed after the upgrade.

Is there a way to get rid of .15? Someone asked about this a while ago on the forum; I forgot which thread it was.

louieb
June 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Intel desktop here. nvidia FX5200 card. using the restricted driver.
kernel -15 works flawlessly for me.